Monday, May 4, 2009

Talents & Gifts

May's theme is Talents and Gifts.

This is an area I don't know very much about. I haven't worked very hard on figuring out what talents or gifts I have (at least not consciously). I've had experiences with spiritual gifts, but I don't think I've ever been conscious of a spiritual gift that I have.

The things I spend my time doing are things I like so maybe those things could qualify as my talents. I remember doing crafts for Mutual in Young Women's and it seemed like they always involved tole painting in some form or another and that is something I cannot do. So I never considered myself crafty or talented in that way. Then the scrapbooking revolution hit. (But I don't really scrapbook.) I learned of all the cute things that could be done with paper and scrapbooking embellishments and I like to do paper crafting and who would have ever thought that the computer would be used as a crafty tool! So with all these new "inventions" I might consider myself crafty.

That was kind of a tangent. But for May, I want to focus on how talents and spiritual gifts can help us along our journey through life and how we can develop talents and spiritual gifts.

No comments: