Monday, January 12, 2009

Yard Work & Gardening

This is a good time of year to dream about gardens and flowers. Instead of doing that today, I took down my Christmas decorations. I know it's late, but I like Christmas so I don't mind having Christmas decorations up for awhile.

Anyway, here's my garden & yard wish list:

Lilac Bushes
Fruit Trees
Peony Bush
Daffodils
Daisies
Tulips


I have some bulbs that will be pink flowers (I don't know what kind of flowers they are) that I want to put next to my garage door. I need to find some planters. I planted bulbs last year but they didn't grow. I also planted some daisies and they didn't grow. That is something I need to learn more about ~ growing flowers. I don't want to plant the bulbs I have until I know what I'm doing so they will grow.

Also, we put raspberry bushes in planters last year and some died. We transplanted the ones that were still alive, so hopefully they will continue to grow and spread and take over the whole garden. Also, I planted sunflowers and they grew. They were leaning over the neighbors fence and I thought they were just flowers so I chopped them down. When they were on the ground, I saw they had seeds. The seeds weren't ready and I tried to save the plants, but they died anyway. Oops. I would like to plant sunflowers again, just not so they grow over the neighbors fence.

We planted peas, tomatoes, squash, strawberries, corn, carrots, pumpkins, cantaloupe, cucumbers, and watermelon. The peas, watermelon, carrots, and cucumbers didn't grow. They must not like the dirt. I think we planted the peas too late because we had a good crop of peas the year before. We had squash coming out of our ears. Last year it was green beans. Oh my, green beans are not my favorite. We had a few tomatoes. I love garden fresh tomatoes. Our corn grows weird too. It grows, but there aren't very many kernals on the cobs. Some pieces are really good, but most of them only have a few kernals.

Now I'm just rambling. Gardening is something I definitely need to learn more about. We did decide we put our garden spot on the wrong side of the house. The other side gets more sun for longer during the day. I do enjoy gardening though ~ there is something about working in the dirt and producing something, or taking part in producing something.

If anyone has any tips or ideas about gardening, let me know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey dear where r u??? no comment from ur site its not fair...i cant forget me like this....wake up and join my blog>>>>